CrossFit Black Hive Gyms | Open All Day
Basically, all of the Black Hive CrossFit gym locations will be open from the first scheduled class of the day until the last scheduled class of the day. During those times when the gym is usually closed, members now have the opportunity for what we are calling, “open class.”
What is the difference between Regular Scheduled Class and Open Class?
Regularly Scheduled Classes are classes that are on the posted schedule for each gym location. Open Classes are available during any of those hours when scheduled classes are not taking place. Here are more differences:
- Start on-time as indicated on that gym’s posted schedule
- Led and coached by a certified CrossFit coach from warm-up to completion
- Athletes are encouraged to follow along with lead coaches to ensure maximum movement safety and efficacy
- Members are required to register for scheduled classes
Scheduled classes are what we have always done.
- Open Class is not the same as Open Gym. Members are expected to complete the gym-programmed WOD or WODs of that day during Open Class.
- Available during the hours where we do not have scheduled classes running
- Coaches will be on the floor of the facility, but members will be warming-up and working the CrossFit Black Hive WODs on their own.
- Members are required to register for open classes, too, in an effort to control gym occupancy
Open classes function like self-serve CrossFit. You warm-up and WOD at your own pace. You can still ask coaches for help, comments, or even a spot, but the time slot is not an official coached class.